[mythtv-users] Mythzmserver troubles after updating to .28

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Thu Apr 14 17:32:05 UTC 2016

On 13/04/16 23:41, Kris Jensen wrote:

> Hello List
>
> After I updated my Mythbuntu system to .28 from .27/fixs, Mythzmserver
> is misbehaving with a segfault. And I haven't a clue why. It was ok
> before the update. Current installed version of Mythzoneminder is
> 0.28.0+fixes.20160413.15cf421
>
> Starting Mythzmserver from the command line with: “sudo mythzmserver
> -v -c /etc/zm/zm.conf” Then trying to open a frontend ZM
> console/image/event page will crash mythzmserver with the console
> output as:
>
> user at MythServer:~$ sudo mythzmserver -v -c /etc/zm/zm.conf

> ZM is version '1.29.0'
>
> Listening on port: 6548
>
> Using server protocol version '11'
>
> getZMSetting: ZM_SHM_KEY Result: 0x7a6d0000
>
> Shared memory key is: 0x7a6d0000
>
> getZMSetting: ZM_PATH_MAP Result: /dev/shm
>
> Memory path directory is: /dev/shm
>
> getZMSetting: ZM_EVENT_IMAGE_DIGITS Result: 5
>
> Event file format is: %05d-capture.jpg
>
> Analysis file format is: %05d-analyse.jpg
>
> getZMSetting: ZM_USE_DEEP_STORAGE Result: 1
>
> using deep storage directory structure
>
> getZMSetting: ZM_CREATE_ANALYSIS_IMAGES Result: 1
>
> using analysis images
>
> Got 9 monitors
>
> Opened mmap file: /dev/shm/zm.mmap.1
>
> Opened mmap file: /dev/shm/zm.mmap.3
>
> Opened mmap file: /dev/shm/zm.mmap.4
>
> Opened mmap file: /dev/shm/zm.mmap.5
>
> Opened mmap file: /dev/shm/zm.mmap.2
>
> Opened mmap file: /dev/shm/zm.mmap.7
>
> Opened mmap file: /dev/shm/zm.mmap.8
>
> Failed to open mmap file [/dev/shm/zm.mmap.9] for monitor: 9 : No such
> file or directory
>
> Falling back to the legacy shared memory method
>
> Failed to shmget for monitor: 9
>
> ENOENT - no segment exists for the given key
>
> Failed to open mmap file [/dev/shm/zm.mmap.10] for monitor: 10 : No
> such file or directory
>
> Falling back to the legacy shared memory method
>
> Failed to shmget for monitor: 10
>
> ENOENT - no segment exists for the given key
>
> new connection from 192.168.0.204 on socket 5
>
> Processing: 'HELLO'
>
> Processing: 'GET_MONITOR_LIST'
>
> We have 9 monitors
>
> id: 1
>
> name: gararge
>
> (output trimmed)
>
> -------------------
>
> id: 3
>
> name: Driveway
>
> (output trimmed)
>
> -------------------
>
> id: 4
>
> name: Back-porch
>
> (output trimmed)
>
> -------------------
>
> id: 5
>
> name: dlink-test
>
> (output trimmed)
>
> -------------------
>
> id: 2
>
> name: basementtestMonitor-2
>
> (output trimmed)
>
> -------------------
>
> id: 7
>
> name: basement-test3
>
> (output trimmed)

> [...]

No config changes required that I can think of.

I think the failed monitor 9 and 10 are something to do with it. Why are
those failing? Do they show up in ZoneMinder?

If you run mythzmserver under gdb and get a backtrace it will give me an
idea where to start looking to fix the segfault.

$gdb mythzmserver
gdb> run -v -c /etc/zm/zm.conf

then when it crashes

gdb> bt

will print out a backtrace.

There are several pages on the wiki with help on getting a backtrace if
you get stuck.

Paul H.