[mythtv-users] Filtered lists of films

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Thu Apr 14 12:54:14 UTC 2016

On 4/14/16 5:01 AM, Jeffrey Ratcliffe wrote:
> I like to look through the list of upcoming films for anything of
> interest. From the frontend, this is easy with Search Lists/Films.
> However, I have two inputs, and would like to filter the list to just
> those from one of the inputs.
>
> I assume this isn't possible via the frontend?

In a general sense it's not possible at all, due to the fundamental way
MythTV works. When you are browsing upcoming titles in the schedule,
they have not yet been marked for future recording. It's only when
something has been scheduled to record that Myth decides which tuner
(input) to use to record it.

If it wasn't done this way, there would be no way to resolve conflicts
(this program needs to record right now because it won't be on later, so
bump this other one and record it later) or assign priorities (this
program is the series finale, so definitely record it rather than a
repeat of something else.)

Depending on your setup it could be possible, in theory, to produce a
query that achieves what you want, though. It would depend on whether or
not all of the films you are interested in are shown on channels from
specific data source or channel numbers in a specific range. But I'm
pretty sure neither the frontend nor Mythweb has the ability to create a
filter based on either of these criteria in 0.27. (Mythweb can search
based on one channel OR another OR another, but that would be tedious to
set up.)

--
Dan Wilga
dwilga at amherst.edu
Web System Administrator/Programmer
http://www.amherst.edu
Amherst College                                             Tel:
413-542-2175
Amherst, MA 01002                        "Who left the cake out in the
rain?"