[mythtv-users] mythbackend hanging with busy disk

Jeffrey Ratcliffe jeffrey.ratcliffe at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 08:45:21 UTC 2016

Thanks for all the suggestions on how to solve the problem with my
disk thrashing problem.

It hasn't happened for a week now, which makes me think that one of
the three things I did has solved it:

1. I hadn't updated the default channel for each input (i.e. the
default channel for live TV) after reordering the channels, and thus
the default channels stored no longer existed. I corrected this.
2. I had a couple of channels which were encrypted. I hid them.
3. mysqltuner suggested that I optimise the tables due to
fragmentation. I used mysqlcheck --auto-repair --optimize
--all-databases

Regards

Jeff