[mythtv-users] 0.28 is out

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Tue Apr 12 23:54:09 UTC 2016

On 13 April 2016 at 01:59, Andréas Kühne <andreas at kuhne.se> wrote:

> Great news!
>
> Hope the live tv improvements work as well.
>
> However, looking at the release notes, it states that mythtv has now also
> received HDMI CEC support? Does anyone know to which extent and if it works
> as well as kodi's cec support?
>
> Regards,
>
> Andréas

>> A friend just sent me the link and I was surprised that I hadn't seen
>> mention of it on this mailing list yet, so here you go - 0.28.0 final is
>> out.
>>
>> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Notes_-_0.28
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Matt
>>

> Yes, I'd be interested to see what has changed also as previous HDMI CEC
support was not so good, so I ended up using libcec-daemon from the below
fork & lirc, which works pretty well except when loosing control if some of
the non-CEC buttons on the remote are pressed, to fix you need to change
source then change back again to the cec source on the TV.

https://github.com/KingBonecrusher/libcec-daemon/

Cheers,

Anthony