[mythtv-users] MythTV Raspberry Pi 2+ MythFrontend Setup Tutorial Updated

William Jacoby bonelifer at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 22:20:48 UTC 2016

On 4/12/2016 5:09 PM, Mike Perkins wrote:
> On 12/04/16 22:53, William Jacoby wrote:
>> On 3/13/2016 12:07 PM, Curtis Gedak wrote:
>>> Thanks to the work of Peter Bennett and Lawrence Rust I have been able
>>> to combine their work to create a new build of MythTV for the Raspberry
>>> Pi 2 or better.
>>>
>> Has anyone tried setting it up as a slave-backend only?  Would like
>> to have a slave-backend to my
>> full backend to process the metadata userjobs.
>>
> Probably a bit underpowered for those kinds of activities. Besides,
> you don't need the backend active for those to run, I think you can
> use mythutil instead. More likely to be used if you have a remote
> tuner of some kind with a long cable run which can be better served by
> ethernet.

Underpowered for just getting "metadata"? This isn't going to be running
MythFrontend or transcoding. All userjobs except the one for metadata
collection would be disabled for this host.  Also mythutil can used to
"SCHEDULE", but that's not what I'm talking about. I just want the
automatic metadata grabs that are scheduled as part of a recording to
get done by the slave-backend.