[mythtv-users] MythTV Raspberry Pi 2+ MythFrontend Setup Tutorial Updated

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Tue Apr 12 04:03:59 UTC 2016

> The above listed build is specific to the Raspbian Jessie full
> desktop
> image.
>
> For Ubuntu MATE see Peter's builds (search for "mate") at:
>
> https://github.com/bennettpeter/mythtv/releases/
>
> Regards,
> CurtisOn 16-04-11 11:55 AM, Bob Sully wrote:
>
> I'm setting up a Pi 3 as a frontend. Will this:
>
>>> The build is available at:
>>>

>>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/1iyhq6usqzalmg6/mythtv-v0.27.6-69-g41a2a8d-RPI2-jessie.tar.bz2?dl=0
>>>

> work on Ubuntu MATE (installed 16.04) - or is it Raspbian-specific?

Thanks, Curtis - much appreciated.  I downloaded the package for Ubuntu
MATE. It's for 15.10; I've installed 16.04, but it may install OK.
I see that it also contains the backend, which I don't need or want
here.  Is there a package which just contains the frontend and whatever
else it needs?  Or should I just install this, then uninstall the
backend (messier)?  Curious, as he says that he doesn't recommend
running
the a backend on an RPi (I agree, it's way too slow).

Thanks,
Bob