[mythtv-users] ECS Liva BAT-MINI v1.0 Still OK as a FE?

Tom Bongiorno tbjr at bongohut.com
Sat Apr 9 12:58:40 UTC 2016

On Sat, Apr 9, 2016 at 6:10 AM, David Whyte <david.whyte at gmail.com> wrote:

> G'day all,
>
> My FE  (circa 2004 Pentium M with Intel graphics) is ready for replacing
> and I have seen good things about the ECS Liva line and they seem quite
> cheap...unless you live in Australia.
>
> Luckily, I am in the US this next week and thought about picking a couple
> up.  Through unfortunate timing, the Liva X on newegg seems to have
> increased considerably in price in the last week.
>
> I have found some of the original BAT-MINI ones at $70 delivered (to the
> US) though on eBay.  Are these still recommended by those that have them?
>
> Regards,
> Whytey

The short answer is yes. People still recommend them.

The Intel graphics are the only con I can recall, and even then it is only
a matter of personal preference. Since you are accustomed to Intel
graphics, you should have no issue. There may have also been some initial
configuration difficulties mentioned and solved in the past.

-Tom