[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu repository problem

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Apr 5 11:42:51 UTC 2016

On Tue, 5 Apr 2016 11:40:45 +0100, you wrote:

>On 04/04/2016 00:10, Damian wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Both of my Mythbuntu boxes are having trouble with the Mythbutu
>> updates repository. Here's what Synaptic Package Manager outputs ...
>>
>> Failed to fetch
>> http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/testing/ubuntu/dists/wily/main/binary-amd64/Packages
>> 404  Not Found
>> Failed to fetch
>> http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/testing/ubuntu/dists/wily/main/binary-i386/Packages
>> 404  Not Found
>> Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old
>> ones used instead.
>>
>> One of my frontend's seems to have had this going on for a while now.
>> I've only just checked the backend, and the problem is the same.
>>
>> Is there a problem with the repository?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Damian
>
>Anyone got any idea what's going on with this?
>
>Mythbuntu used to get updates almost weekly. Now the fixes repository
>doesn't even seem to be set up for the latest version of Xbuntu. Is it
>still being maintained?
>
>Thanks,
>Damian

You are using a testing repository - I am not sure why that is, but I
think you should be using the main repositories.  Try going to the
main page and seeing where your version really is now:

  https://launchpad.net/~mythbuntu

It looks like 0.28 is just about to be formally released, as there are
now 0.29 repositories.