[mythtv-users] lirc working in mythtv but not xine?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 23:23:23 UTC 2016

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 11:36 AM, Alec Leamas <leamas.alec at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hm... looks like it doesn't find the socket. As of 0.9.2, the handling of
> the  socket path is far from consistent in ircat.
>
> Looking at the code it looks like 0.9.2a support the LIRC_SOCKET_PATH
> environment variable to determine the socket used. What happens if you set
> this to the socket path you are using before invoking ircat?
>

> Cheers!
>
> --alec

Excellent suggestion! That at least got ircat working:

export LIRC_SOCKET_PATH=/var/run/lirc/lircd

ircat mythtv
Esc
Esc

ircat xine
Quit
Quit
Quit

Based on the remote key I was hitting, both of those are correct.
However the fact remains that the remote isn't working in xine. Really
odd...that's even more evidence that it should be working.

When something runs out of mythtv using xine, the xine program ignores
the remote. I have even less of a clue why now.

Thanks for the ircat tip however!
Tom