[mythtv-users] HD PVR error no video signal at input 0

John Adams mythtv at onevista.com
Mon Apr 4 01:16:16 UTC 2016

On Mon, 04 Apr 2016 01:01:54 +0000
John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 3, 2016 at 5:58 PM Rajil Saraswat <rajil.s at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have an HD PVR 1212 which refuses to work. I tried the following
> >
> > $cat /dev/video0 >file.ts
> >
> > however i get an error message suggesting that the video signal is
> > not present (dmesg pasted below). To check this i connected a
> > component cable from the 'Out' port of HD PVR to the TV and sure
> > enough there is a video signal present which the TV showed.
> >
> > I am stumped why HD PVR refuses to record even though it happily
> > does the video loopback?

I seem to recall that the component in and the component out are just
wired together, no circuitry involved.

You can get a replacement PCB board for about $20 from
https://www.halted.com/ccp26821-hauppage-pvr-1212-pcb-high-definition-personal-vi-pvr-1212-pcb-84119.htm

--
John Adams (johna at onevista.com)

--