[mythtv-users] HD PVR error no video signal at input 0

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 00:14:35 UTC 2016

On Sun, Apr 3, 2016 at 11:57 PM, Rajil Saraswat <rajil.s at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am stumped why HD PVR refuses to record even though it happily does
> the video loopback?

A common issue for the HD-PVRs is a failed/failing
power supply which results in various forms of
breakages and flakyness.  Try a replacement (equal
voltage, same or larger amps).  Testing for "voltage"
with a cheap VOM is not an adequate method of
validation (you will need something that can also
detect ripple and/or transients under actual load,
not when the power supply is unplugged from the
unit).  For most, just try a replacement power supply.

You should verify, but my recollection that this is
a standard 5V 2A supply.  You may very well
have such a supply for other devices you can
use for testing purposes.

Of course the HD-PVR may have died in different
ways, but replacing the power supply is almost
always the easiest and cheapest to try first if nothing
else has changed.