[mythtv-users] HD HomeRun DVR and MythTV

John Moore (Insight Global) v-johmo at microsoft.com
Tue Sep 29 19:06:53 UTC 2015

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users [mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of John Moore (Insight Global)
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2015 12:03 PM
To: Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] HD HomeRun DVR and MythTV

From: mythtv-users [mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Kirk Bocek
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2015 11:30 AM
To: Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

On 9/29/2015 11:16 AM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> Playback of protected content is going to be limited to those
> solutions that provide a certified "protected path".  That limits one
> to the usual suspects/platforms that provide it.
>
> If one wants to record/play back protected content in "full"
> resolution (not using the analogue hole) in the US, the providers STB,
> WMC, TiVo, or the (upcoming) HDHR DVR are the known consumer options.

This is the first I've heard of the HDHR DVR. Haven't perused it, but Silicon Dust has a forum for the product:

https://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=89

It's a Kickstarter project?

To All,
I understand that MythTV has many more abilities than many other options.  I like HDHR as a company which is why I have purchased their products, and currently looking at the CONNECT to see how it handles Over The Air signals.  And I have to believe that using the HDHR DVR to record and save the files it to MythTV maybe a simplified option.  Which is why I am on here asking.

I will add that I don't use MythTV for anything else as my photos are on One-Drive and Photobucket and I use Pandora for music.  I have 6gigs of MP3s which I have not used in 10 yrs.  Yet I still hang on to it.  It would be much cooler if MythTV could utilize my Pandora account.  Sounds like its starting to utilizing streaming accounts like Netflix.

Back to the original reason for this thread starting, I am curious if anyone has looked into the interoperability between HDHR DVR and MythTV.

John Moore

To ADD, I am not sure what is protected content.  I am just looking for the ability to watch and record local channels.  Ch 2 thur 13.  I don't have any additional channels, never have.   Nor do I want them.

The only other mythtv feature I would like is the ability to rip movie DVD's to file for viewing.  At least the ability to stream DVDs across the network would be cool.

John Moore

mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users at mythtv.org