[mythtv-users] HD HomeRun DVR and MythTV

John Moore (Insight Global) v-johmo at microsoft.com
Tue Sep 29 17:13:46 UTC 2015

From: mythtv-users [mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Eric Sharkey
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2015 10:05 AM
To: Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] HD HomeRun DVR and MythTV

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 11:43 AM, John Moore (Insight Global) <v-johmo at microsoft.com> wrote:
> Has anyone made use of the HD HomeRun DVR?
>
> Given my recent depart of ComCast and now owning a HDHR Prime box (6
> months
> old) that it looks like I cannot use, I am really considering a revamp
> of my media configuration.

I don't see how those two paragraphs fit together.  If you don't have cable, you can't use a Prime, regards of which software you use with it.

Eric

That's kind of the point.  I have owned a Prime box for 6 months now which I cannot use as I don't have cable.  This situation has forced me to look at other solutions and options to explore.  As a result, I stumbled across the HDHR DVR which can be used with the PRIME as well as the CONNECT (a non-cable card tuner) which is able to be used with a Digital Antenna.  First I was unaware if Prime could be used with out the cablecard.  It appears that it requires a cable card to be installed in order to be used.

The main question I have at this time, which would explain the subject line, is to determine if anyone has utilized the HDHR DVR with a MythTV box?  Since they are similar devices and really don't need one when you have the other.  But if the HDHR DVR can be used in conjunction with the CONNECT and a antenna to create a better experience with MythTV, then that is something I want to know.

Thanks,
John

mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users at mythtv.org