[mythtv-users] OT: default routes

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 20:56:59 UTC 2015

Hoi Jan,

> On 23/09/15 17:21, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>> I'm thinking further. The routing itself is done by the kernel. The ip
>> command is only a management tool. I'll have to look if there are
>> other ways. There probably are. Most things in Linux can be done by
>> simple text editing.

> Not in this case. The simple text file in question would be
> /proc/net/route and it's read-only.

I've been searching on internet and found hints that since an earlier
version the full ip command had been implemented. Further searching I
found it was there but not active. To explane: You configure it on
another computer through text files. Then all files gathered and
scripts created and put into an archive you upload. For some reason
the full ip command was not included. so I added it.

Now I can start experimenting with policy routing

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop