[mythtv-users] MythTV and IPV6

Tim Draper veehexx at zoho.com
Wed Sep 23 14:03:02 UTC 2015

---- On Wed, 23 Sep 2015 14:47:56 +0100 Mark Perkins  wrote ----
> However with IPV6 (as I understand it) every machine becomes exposed to the internet.

in that respect, i'm on the understanding IPv6 simply (!?) removes the requirement for NAT as there are enough addresses for every device to be unique and thus translations are not required. If it's not allowed through the firewall then it will still be blocked traffic.

i too am somewhat interested in this deployment. no specific requirement, just i think it would give a good insight into using v6 in a real world scenario and not trying to understand the various ipv6 addresses and theory of it all.