[mythtv-users] Audio amplifiers for myth systems

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Mon Sep 21 13:49:04 UTC 2015

On 9/21/2015 9:24 AM, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 9:19 AM, Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> wrote:
>> So...  Any recommendations for a decent consumer quality amp that can take a
>> typical 2-channel TV out, split it into 5.1, and amplify it to drive decent
>> speakers?
> Can you clarify what you mean by "typical 2-channel TV out"?  You're
> talking about analog audio, using something like Dolby Pro-Logic?  I
> wouldn't call that typical these days.

Yup.  At least on my Samsung two year old TV, that's the output. Now
that you mention it, there's probably a digital out somewhere on it that
I should find...  My amp is almost 20 years old, so it it limited to
analog+Dolby, and that's what I've been using.  I'll check and see what
there is in the digital output for sound.