[mythtv-users] New Smart TV sees MythTV recordings, but also lists deleted files.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Sep 18 21:54:55 UTC 2015

On 09/18/2015 05:39 PM, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> On 09/18/2015 04:24 PM, Simon Hobson wrote:
>> R. G. Newbury wrote:
>>
>>> Unfortunately, there does not seem to be any way of forcing myth to
>>> delete the files immediately, *all the time*.
>>
>> You can set the "time to keep deleted items" setting to (say) 1 day,
>> and then you should only have the files hanging around for a day.

Or to 0 and they will be removed as soon as possible.

> That setting does not seem to work. Last night my box had files dating
> back to May, still not actually deleted.

They will be deleted if MythTV can delete them.  If MythTV isn't,
there's a problem (either permissions, "orphaned" metadata with file
missing--i.e. because it's not actually in a valid directory that's
listed in one of your SGs, or something).  To find out why, go to the
Deleted recording group in Watch Recordings, then select one and delete
it, then check the log file to see why it didn't delete.

Mike