[mythtv-users] New Smart TV sees MythTV recordings, but also lists deleted files.

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Sep 18 17:08:14 UTC 2015

On 09/17/2015 06:39 PM, Tom Harris wrote:
> After using a projector with no network features for many years, I
> recently moved to a Sony 4K TV.   It's got all kinds of network
> features, apps, etc.   One of which is connecting to home media servers.
>
> It finds both my MythTV backend and my HDHomeRun Prime and can stream
> from both, which was a pleasant surprise.   In the MythTV recordings
> listing, it shows my current recordings, but it also lists many
> recordings which are long since gone (maybe deleted, or maybe just
> orphaned recordings lost on my last HDD failure).
>
> Do others see this?  Is there an easy fix?

Myth does not actually delete files until it needs the space. So an 'ls'
may show a lot more files than the 'Watch Recordings' page.
The TV sees all of the files.

Unfortunately, there does not seem to be any way of forcing myth to
delete the files immediately, *all the time*. And I am not sure that
even going into the Status page delete tab, and doing a 'Delete Now'
actually works.

The long way round, but sure to work, would be to trawl the database for
files marked 'deletepending=1', export a list, and run an 'rm -f' using
the list as a feed, followed by a 'delete where deletepending=1' etc.
Which of course, exhibits lots and lots of ways to breach Murphy's
Admonition:
"If it ain't borken, don't frix it."

Geoff