[mythtv-users] Custom Recording

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Fri Sep 18 01:09:47 UTC 2015

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 1:55 PM, Robert Dege <livemotion at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you all for the help.  I was able to create the custom rule in
> mythweb using
>
> program.title like "NFL%Football%" and program.subtitle like "%team%"
>
> No no no .... definitely not a Pats fan; they're a division rival ;)
>
> -Robert
>
> Here's my power search:

program.title LIKE '%NFL%'
AND program.subtitle LIKE '%49ers%'
AND program.category = 'Sports event'

The %NFL% means it catches preseason games, too. Adding the
program.category limits it to games and skips the documentaries, etc. I
also use the First Showing filter (so it doesn't record multiple showings
of preseason games), and the rule is set to "Find and record one showing of
this title each day." (Probably "Record at any time on any channel" would
also work.)

Karl