[mythtv-users] MythTV with HDHR Prime and Direct TV

John Moore (Insight Global) v-johmo at microsoft.com
Thu Sep 17 17:24:48 UTC 2015

Ok, so I had Comcast and purchased a HDHR Prime for use with the cable card.  And had MythTV humming along nicely.

Now I have bought a house and after a lot of BS dealing with Comcast, have left them and decided to goto Direct TV (aka DishTV).  What is needed to get MythTV setup with the HDHR and DirectTV?

Does anyone know if a special card is required?
Does going to dish mean my HDHR is useless now?

John Moore