[mythtv-users] Custom Recording

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 17 15:22:14 UTC 2015

On 09/17/2015 11:14 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 09/17/2015 10:52 AM, Robert Dege wrote:
>> I'm trying to create a custom recording so that mythtv will record my
>> favorite football team for the 2015 season.  However, I think I'm
>> running into problems.
>>
>> Doing an advanced search, I discovered that the term 'NFL Football'
>> is identified as a title, whereas the team's name is listed as a
>> subtitle.
>>
>> When I create a custom recording schedule, I am unable to use any
>> obvious combination of terms to limit the recording to 'NFL Football'
>> and 'Team', whether it's a title search or keyword search.
>
> Are you using the frontend's custom rule editor (Manage
> Recordings|Schedule Recordings|Custom Record) to make the rule? If so,
> there's a combo box that contains example clauses that you can use to
> create your template, then modify the details.  One of the examples is
> "Multiple sports teams (complete example)".  Don't use Manage
> Recordings|Schedule Recordings|Search Words|Titles (or Keywords) to
> create your rule.

FWIW, the rule is:

Multiple sports teams (complete example):
program.title = 'NBA Basketball'
AND program.subtitle REGEXP '(Miami|Cavaliers|Lakers)'
AND program.first > 0

but you'd change it to:

program.title = 'NFL Football'

and can either put only one team or multiple (with | separating each) in
the subtitle section (and can even put the team name and city just in
case).

To use the example, scroll through the example clauses with LEFT/RIGHT,
then choose one (or more) with SELECT, then go to the text area and edit
the rule appropriately.

Mike