[mythtv-users] MythWeb This Channel Rules Stop Working

john.baab at gmail.com john.baab at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 05:50:00 UTC 2015

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 11:30 PM Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 2:50 AM, john.baab at gmail.com
> <john.baab at gmail.com> wrote:
> > ....  Any idea why this is happening?
>
> As I recall, "This Channel" rules use the channel database chanid,
> which means that certain types of channel updates can result
> in a "This Channel" rule for which there is no longer a channel with
> the same chanid.  Are you manipulating the channel database
> outside of MythTV, or adding/deleting/modifying the channel
> sources?

Nope, I do run mythfilldatabase with --refresh options to fix bad data from
time to time.  I wonder if that may be messing with the channels.

> I have found that selecting the series and specifying "HD" as a
> criteria is better than forcing a "This Channel" for most cases
> (of course, your needs will vary).

I considered using that as well, but I've been burnt on listings not having
things marked as HD in the past.  Children's shows are especially bad with
this, and they tend to air on channels I don't get in HD like Disney Junior
as well.