[mythtv-users] Database issue? Recordings not showing up in frontend

Paul Stillwell bigboi at wackywombats.com
Tue Sep 15 17:54:29 UTC 2015

> On Sep 15, 2015, at 10:01 AM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hoi Paul,
>
> Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 6:46:55 PM, you wrote:
>

>> Mike,
>
>> Thanks for the explanation! Maybe this is what caused the issue:
>
>> I had an internal hard drive fail that had some recordings on it. I
>> was able to rsync most of that drive to an external hard drive. I
>> have a second internal drive that also has some recordings on it.
>> When I would look at the front end there would be a bunch of
>> recordings that were greyed out and had Xs by them. I knew they were
>> on the failed drive (that wasn=E2=80=99t being mounted) and I knew at some
>> point I would get another hard drive and replace the failed one. I
>> finally replaced the failed drive last week and rsynced all the data
>> from the external drive to the internal drive (that was mounted with
>> the same name as the old failed drive). When the sync was done, all
>> my recordings that had Xs next to them were back with the exception
>> of a few (they were not recoverable from the failed drive). Could
>> that have caused the issue? I thought that Myth didn=E2=80=99t care where
>> the files were as long as they were on a drive that was mounted as part o=
> f the storage group.
>
>> Paul
>
> But that is exactly what find_orphans.py is supposed to do, "throw
> away DB records for files that at that moment do not exist!"  and/or
> the other way around. So you should never run it if such records
> exist that should get fixed when you come to replacing that drive!
>
> Tot mails,
>  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com
>
> "Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
> Zonder leven is er geen hoop
> Het eeuwige dilemma
> Zeker als je hoop moet vernietigen om te kunnen overleven!"
>
> De lerende Mens

Maybe I’m not understanding something. All of the recordings were there, I had just finished copying them from an external drive back to an internal drive. The recordings were playable from myth front end so in my mind they existed and were visible to the front end. Why would find_orphans.py think they don’t exist?

Paul