[mythtv-users] sequential recordings on the same channel (like sports)

David Engel david at istwok.net
Mon Sep 14 18:54:02 UTC 2015

On Sat, Sep 12, 2015 at 12:38:42PM -0700, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> says:
> > I believe David has multi-rec working with the cable-card recorders,
> > but I am not positive about that.

John is being too modest here.  He made the changes to the recorders.
All I really did was test them.

> ? Does this mean that we CableCARD users can hope to at some point be
> able to record six channels at once with one three-tuner HDHomeRun
> Prime?

No.  All it really does is allow the output from a single tuner to be
written to multiple recordings.  It works much the same way multirec
already does for DVB cards except the "multiplex" is restricted to a
single channel.  It's main use is to allow back to back recordings to
use the same tuner where they would otherwise conflict or use two
tuners due to start early and/or end late settings.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net