[mythtv-users] sequential recordings on the same channel (like sports)

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Mon Sep 14 18:34:50 UTC 2015

On Saturday, September 12, 2015 07:24:35 PM John P Poet wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 12, 2015 at 1:10 PM Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca> wrote:
>
> > I remember reading threads way back about Myth being able to ignore  >0
> > "End Late" settings for programs on the same channel. But, reading back
> > through it still seems only possible for DVB setups.
>
> It does depend on how the 'recorder' was programmed in Myth.  Most
> recorders are capable of 'multirec', but the v4l2 (mpeg) recorders are
> not.  I am actually working on re-writing the v4l2 recorder to be multi-rec
> compatible to allow over-lapping recordings.  However, I have been working
>
> Last year, David posted a tip on handling back-to-back sports events.
> Based on his advice, I have two custom recording rules for NFL:
>
> Rule 1:
> Tilte:  "NFL Football [late]"
> Rule: "program.category = 'Sports event' AND program.title = 'NFL Football'
> AND pnext.title <> 'NFL Football' AND program.chanid = pnext.chanid AND
> program.endtime = pnext.starttime AND program.first > 0"
> Additional tables: ", program pnext"

Very interesting, thanks. Looks a little more workable than fiddling with priorities like the wiki example shows. I will have to expand on this to handle "%FL Football" with LIKE comparisons.

The Additional Tables field: that's just added to the end of the query and why it starts with ","?

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca