[mythtv-users] sequential recordings on the same channel (like sports)

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Sat Sep 12 19:09:44 UTC 2015

I remember reading threads way back about Myth being able to ignore  >0 "End Late" settings for programs on the same channel. But, reading back through it still seems only possible for DVB setups.

Is it a difficult scheduler algorithm to make 2 sequential recordings on the same channel with >0 End Late settings ignore the 1st recording's End Late if it runs into another recording on the same channel? In my naivete I don't see why Myth would assign another tuner to record the next recording and not just drop the overage time on a known overlap and continue making a new recording. And do so for as long as there will be recordings on that channel.

This must be a pretty common recording scenario for sports.

All the padding settings I've seen are global and aimed at problematic content providers.

I'm going to give "Recording NFL Sunday Morning and Afternoon with Extra Time" from https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Custom_Recording a shot and try to do likewise for CFL games. How do others handle this? I've been doing it manually on weekends by tweaking End Late on my global search rules to make the overlaps go away and then un-tweaking them for the rest of the week.

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca