[mythtv-users] Myth+HDHR Prime+charter=only file size 'B"

Jerry mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com
Sat Sep 12 12:47:04 UTC 2015

On Sat, Sep 12, 2015 at 5:13 AM, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>
wrote:

> On 12/09/15 03:33, Jerry wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 8:52 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
>>
>> One of the steps is:
>>>
>>> Change Max Recordings to 1. When in CableCARD mode, the HDHomeRun is
>>> only able to record one program per tuner. Press Finish.
>>>
>>> If you did that step, you should only see three tuners.
>>>

>> I don't want to hijack the thread, but I also have an HDHRP directly
>> connected to my machine using a cable card.  I deleted all tuners,
>> re-added
>> them with Max Recordings = 1 (several times) and Mythweb shows:
>> Encoder Status Encoder 1 [ HDHOMERUN : 12345DC4-0 ] is local on myhost and
>> is not recording.
>> Encoder 2 [ UNKNOWN ] is local on myhost and is not recording.
>> Encoder 3 [ HDHOMERUN : 12345DC4-1 ] is local on myhost and is not
>> recording.
>> Encoder 4 [ UNKNOWN ] is local on myhost and is not recording.
>> Encoder 5 [ HDHOMERUN : 12345DC4-2 ] is local on myhost and is not
>> recording.
>> Encoder 6 [ UNKNOWN ] is local on myhost and is not recording.
>>
>> Any ideas what I might have missed?  I'm pretty sure I followed the guide
>> that Eric posted.
>>
>> For now, I'm putting it back to 2 since it's been working fine and I'm
>> nervous I'll lose recordings tomorrow.
>>
>> Did you "Delete all tuners" or Delete all tuners on <host>"? You should
> do the
> first to ensure you clear out any bad entries in the table.

That's the funny thing.  I did both "Delete all tuners" and "Delete all
tuners on <host>" just to be sure since I can never remember which one is
the right one to do.  Last night, I kept getting the same screen as above
on mythweb.

Last night, I was running mythtv-setup as my login user, not mythtv (my
mythbackend user).  I had forgotten about this step.  This morning, I fixed
that and I also rebooted just in case.  The dummy tuners are gone.  So one
of the two things fixed it.  I now have:

Encoder Status

Encoder 1 [ HDHOMERUN : 12345DC4-0 ] is local on myhost and is not
recording.
Encoder 3 [ HDHOMERUN : 12345DC4-1 ] is local on myhost and is not
recording.
Encoder 5 [ HDHOMERUN : 12345DC4-2 ] is local on myhost and is not
recording.

So it's fixed.

Thanks for the help, Mike and Gary!

Jerry