[mythtv-users] Database issue? Recordings not showing up in frontend

Paul Stillwell bigboi at wackywombats.com
Fri Sep 11 18:32:13 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have a combined front/backend machine running Fedora 20 and mythtv 0.27. Everything was fine and it has been running for years (upgrading along the way). Recently I had a drive fail; I have backups that happen nightly so I replaced the failed drive with a new drive and restored from the backup. At this point, everything was looking good. I could see all the recordings on the frontend and play them fine.

Here is where things went wrong. I decided to run ‘find_orphans.py’ and didn’t think to do a database backup first. I don’t back up the db very often so I don’t have a recent backup. After running find_orphans.py I am no longer able to see any of my recordings on the front end. If I use mythweb then I can see them all. They still exist on the hard drives and the fronted correctly reports the amount of space taken up by the recordings. New recordings show up fine.

When the recordings were not showing up (prior to any new recordings being recorded), I saw this in the front end output:

2015-09-11 10:58:29.772572 W  PlaybackBox: SortedList is Empty

I suspect that the db has been corrupted somehow, but running ‘mysqlcheck —auto-repair --all-databases'

didn’t show any issues.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do? I’ve googled around and haven’t found anything that looks promising…

Paul