[mythtv-users] Gentoo install problem

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 16:55:17 UTC 2015

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 7:52 PM, david brooke <david2012brooke at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 3:41 PM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 4:07 PM, david brooke <david2012brooke at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > I just tried to update to the latest version and ran into an error. I'm
>> > not
>> > sure if I have the issue or I need to file a bug. Here is the info and
>> > build:
>> > https://paste.ee/p/tZo5i
>> >
>> >  Please advise.
>> > Thanks
>> >

>> I updated to that version on gentoo the other day (from 0.27.3) with
>> no problems.  In an update just before that that installed python 3.4
>> I'd done the following:
>>
>> eselect python set --python3 python3.4
>> emerge -uDv --changed-use @world
>>
>> ...as per the suggestion in the news.  As others have mentioned though
>> I think MythTV uses all python2.
>>
>> It might be a matter of running python-updater.
>>
>> Tom
>
> I ran the eselect python and set python 3.4 and got the same result. The
> ebuild is setting the python requirement at 2.7.

Just to clarify, I have python 2.7 as my default:

eselect python list
Available Python interpreters:
  [1]   python2.7 *
  [2]   python3.4

The commands I referenced above were to set the default for --python3
only (from 3.3 to 3.4).  Version 3.3 was then deleted when I ran
emerge --depclean.

You might want to try running python-updater, though I'm not sure if
that will help.

Tom