[mythtv-users] Mythmusic: segmentation fault at line 809 in audio/audioconvert.cpp

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Wed Sep 9 10:42:57 UTC 2015

On 09/09/15 11:04, Jan Ceuleers wrote:
> Hi
>
> I purchased an album on iTunes and wanted to play it using mythmusic.
> Unfortunately this results in a segmentation fault:
>
> Program received SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault:
> [Switching to Thread 0x7ffefb7fe700 (LWP 9223)]
> 0x00007ffff5ed77cc in _InterleaveSample<int> (out=0x38d1340, in=0x0,
> channels=33, frames=1024, inp=0x7fff04015340) at audio/audioconvert.cpp:809
> 809     audio/audioconvert.cpp: No such file or directory.
>
> I ran the frontend under gdb as per the instructions at [1]. I have
> posted the resulting gdb.txt file at [2], and the log file generated by
> the frontend (using -v all,norefcount) at [3].
>
> [1]: https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Debugging
> [2]: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ibyvrcm9w2z7pz/gdb.txt
> [3]:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/j6fxycku6z2jb73/mythfrontend.20150909093947.9165.log
>
> Steps to reproduce (on my system):
>
> 1. Start the frontend
> 2. Go to mythmusic
> 3. Crash
>
> This is the case because I previously selected the new album and
> selected Replace Tracks. So unfortunately the crash happens immediately
> when I enter mythmusic, but from the gdb.txt file it seems to be related
> to an attempt at playing back the first file.
>
> These are .m4a files. I have many more of them and they generally play
> OK in mythmusic. These particular files also play OK in Rhythmbox.
>
> janc at hobbiton:~$ mythfrontend --version
> Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
> MythTV Version : v0.27.5-5-g32fd396
> MythTV Branch : fixes/0.27
> Network Protocol : 77
> Library API : 0.27.20150622-1
> QT Version : 4.8.6
> Options compiled in:
>   linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
> using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
> using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb
> using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr
> using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd
> using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl
> using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_sdl
> using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv
> using_profiletype using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
> using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi
> using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2
>
> Two questions:
>
> 1. Will this do as a bug report? Would you like me to open a report in
> the tracker?
>
> 2. Can you help me to revive mythmusic on this frontend, since it now
> crashes immediately, i.e. before I have a chance to navigate away from
> the offending file(s)?
>
> Thanks, Jan

You can go to the playlist editor and choose another album or go to the
settings and turn the 'Resume Mode' to Off both will prevent the bad
track from playing.

The crash is in the audio output code so not my area of expertise but
the stack trace seems to show the track has 33 channels which can't be
right :)

If you can email or make the bad track available to me I'll try to
reproduce it with master.

Paul H.