[mythtv-users] Kernel error on mceusb device at startup

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Fri Sep 4 04:01:22 UTC 2015

On Fri, 4 Sep 2015 12:38:08 +1200, you wrote:

>Also, since I have no use for the original 3.13 kernels, how do I get rid
>of them and the subsequent updates that require a reboot even though I
>don't use them?
>
>Cheers

Just use apt-get or aptitude and uninstall the kernel packages for the
old kernels.  I think there is also one generic package that pulls in
the old kernels that needs to be uninstalled also.  I can vaguely
remember having to do that on my laptop when I installed the hardware
enablement stack on it.