[mythtv-users] Freezing a Theme?

Jim jim_32766 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 3 17:15:45 UTC 2015

On 09/03/2015 11:42 AM, Thomas Mashos wrote:
On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 8:23 AM Jim <<mailto:jim_32766 at hotmail.com>jim_32766 at hotmail.com<mailto:jim_32766 at hotmail.com>> wrote:
Is it possible to effectively lock the system to a certain theme by
copying and renaming that theme? If so, where would the newly renamed
theme have to be stored so that it could be selected by the Theme
Chooser? Is there an index that would have to updated too?

If you look in ~/.mythtv/themes/ you should see folders for each of the themes you have installed. Rename the folder. Then go into the folder and edit the themeinfo.xml file, there should be a name field in there. You'll want to rename the theme there too.

As a themer, I like to ask a few questions when I get this type of request.

1) Which theme?
2) Why do you need to freeze it?
--

I plan on building a system for a non-technical relative and wanted to avoid any future messages advising them of an update to their theme. They won't know what a theme is, much less want to update one.

Maybe that isn't the best approach. I'll always take advise from gurus - is there a better method to use?

The theme in use is the current Mythbuntu.