[mythtv-users] USB IR Receivers

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Thu Sep 3 14:37:01 UTC 2015

On 9/3/2015 6:27 AM, Roger Heflin wrote:
> On Jerry and my problem the driver did load correctly.   It just
> completely failed to detect meaningful key presses, or when the key
> presses were looked at they were not the same code each time.
>
> I have confirmed that the device we are having the issue with is a low
> speed (12mbps and not a 480mbps device), so your problem may be
> different.
>
> Here is what my usb info looks like:
>
>    looking at parent device '/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-2':
>      KERNELS=="1-2"
>      SUBSYSTEMS=="usb"
>      DRIVERS=="usb"
>      ATTRS{bDeviceSubClass}=="00"
>      ATTRS{bDeviceProtocol}=="00"
>      ATTRS{devpath}=="2"
>      ATTRS{idVendor}=="1784"
>      ATTRS{speed}=="12"
>      ATTRS{bNumInterfaces}==" 1"
>      ATTRS{bConfigurationValue}=="1"
>      ATTRS{bMaxPacketSize0}=="8"
>      ATTRS{busnum}=="1"
>      ATTRS{devnum}=="2"
>      ATTRS{configuration}==""
>      ATTRS{bMaxPower}=="100mA"
>      ATTRS{authorized}=="1"
>      ATTRS{bmAttributes}=="a0"
>      ATTRS{bNumConfigurations}=="1"
>      ATTRS{maxchild}=="0"
>      ATTRS{bcdDevice}=="0101"
>      ATTRS{avoid_reset_quirk}=="0"
>      ATTRS{quirks}=="0x0"
>      ATTRS{serial}=="TS000Hgi"
>      ATTRS{version}==" 2.00"
>      ATTRS{urbnum}=="244952"
>      ATTRS{ltm_capable}=="no"
>      ATTRS{manufacturer}=="Topseed Technology Corp."
>      ATTRS{removable}=="unknown"
>      ATTRS{idProduct}=="0008"
>      ATTRS{bDeviceClass}=="00"
>      ATTRS{product}=="eHome Infrared Transceiver"

Yup. I have a Topseed receiver too. Unlike the receiver I am working
with, it *is* supported by the current mceusb driver. It had stopped
working with my new Liva/Fedora/Kernel 4.X setup. But with the
information Alec has given me, I think the problem is the same usb_hid
grabbing the device problem.

I have patched mceusb.c and am working with the newer receiver. I will
post if I get it working. Then I'll post about the Topseed.