[mythtv-users] Scan for New Videos - Success & Error Message

Jim jim_32766 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 3 00:30:29 UTC 2015

On 09/02/2015 07:38 PM, Jason Hamilton wrote:
Hey Jim,

Check in your backend settings under the video storage settings.

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 5:35 PM, Jim <jim_32766 at hotmail.com<mailto:jim_32766 at hotmail.com>> wrote:
When I load a new video into my mythtv system and then scan for the new
video via Videos->Browse Videos->Scan for Changes, the system succeeds
in finding the new video but then displays an error message that says,
"Failed to Scan SG Video Hosts: blipper-tv".  It appears to be scanning,
or attempting to scan, two locations. One that exists and one that does not.

Back when I was building this system, host name blipper, I may have
first named it blipper-tv. Is it possible that there is a configuration
file or cache somewhere that needs to be updated so the error message
stops appearing?

Jim

Thanks for the tip on where to look. There was no mention of hosts there, but it gave me the idea to delete the Video storage group and re-create it. That seems to have done the trick!