[mythtv-users] Scan for New Videos - Success & Error Message

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 00:15:29 UTC 2015

On 09/02/2015 06:35 PM, Jim wrote:
> When I load a new video into my mythtv system and then scan for the new
> video via Videos->Browse Videos->Scan for Changes, the system succeeds
> in finding the new video but then displays an error message that says,
> "Failed to Scan SG Video Hosts: blipper-tv".  It appears to be scanning,
> or attempting to scan, two locations. One that exists and one that does not.
>
> Back when I was building this system, host name blipper, I may have
> first named it blipper-tv. Is it possible that there is a configuration
> file or cache somewhere that needs to be updated so the error message
> stops appearing?

I'd also look at your frontend and backend logs for a line that contains:

     ... Using localhost value of XXXXXX

and verify that that's your real hostname. As opposed to one that's set
in one of your config.xml files. If all your config.xml files contain a
line exactly like this:

     <LocalHostName>my-unique-identifier-goes-here</LocalHostName>

then that's not the issue. "my-unique-identifier-goes-here" can
also be omitted. Both have the effect of using the machine's own
hostname (e.g. the output of the hostname command.)

--
Bill