[mythtv-users] IguanaIR configuration

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Wed Sep 2 18:44:38 UTC 2015

On Sep 2, 2015, at 2:28 PM, Alec Leamas <leamas.alec at gmail.com> wrote:

> To transmit you need to use the default driver which will expose a /dev/lirc device for any loaded iguanair kernel module. That is, as long as you don't blacklist iguanair a new /dev/lirc device will popup when you connect an IguanaUR usb device

Cool. I stumbled onto the default driver recently while configuring an mceusb for a friend and it worked great for transmitting. I wondered if it would for the iguana as well but haven’t had a second to try it out. Good to hear it’s expected to work.

> Many of the iguanaIR users are conservative and uses the igdaemon which is developed and maintained by the IguanaIR, Inc staff. However, as far as I know there are no basic issues with the kernel driver (fingers crosssed).

I’ll give direct kernel transmitting a go sometime in the next few weeks and update the wiki if successful.

Thanks!

- George