[mythtv-users] IguanaIR configuration

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 11:42:44 UTC 2015

On 02/09/15 13:06, Mike Perkins wrote:
> On 01/09/15 06:10, Alec Leamas wrote:

> Okay. This isn't entirely how I expected things to happen. Add in two
> 16-month-old twin grand-daughters rampaging around the house and testing
> stuff becomes... interesting.

:)

> However:
>
> I finally figured out how to use irrecord and ended up with some
> surprising (to me) results. I assumed (!) that as the remote had a label
> on the back saying it was "Vista MCE Remote" that it would at least be
> RC-6. Nope. Nor RC-5 or anything else I tried.

Hm... tried? Did you give irrecord the chance to determine this on iẗ́s
own, or did you use a generic template?

That said, it seems things are getting through. This is a Good Sign, indeed.

>  All I got back was:

[cut]

> I tried irrecord in raw mode and it does, indeed, receive data and
> create a .conf file. However, I'm at a loss to know what to do with this
> and this wasn't my intent at all. I want to use standard codes if I can.

Something is rotten here... You don't have any fluorescent light around,
have you?

However, a raw config file could be used exactly as a normal one. If you
take your file with just a few buttons, copies it to
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf and then runs lircd + irw and checks those buttons?

> If that means my remote and dongle (which came from Maplin in the UK) is
> a lemon, so be it.

Oops... out of Englisch, which certainly isn't my native language. Lemon?!

Cheers!

--alec