[mythtv-users] OT? No captions on The Walking Dead this season

Phil Bridges gravityhammer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 01:59:41 UTC 2015

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 8:25 PM, Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 7:37 PM, Ozzy Lash <ozzy.lash at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 5:58 PM, Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> All of a sudden, this season of The Walking Dead doesn't have captions
>>> here (Comcast - Atlanta). Has anybody else experienced this?

>> Just checked my recording from Sunday night, and it has closed
>> captioning.  I'm on comcast in the chicago area (Romeoville headend).

> Interesting.  Let me see if I can ping some others around here.

For grins and giggles, i ran mediainfo on the file, and came up with:
Text #1
ID                                       : 4268 (0x10AC)-CC1
Menu ID                                  : 1 (0x1)
Format                                   : EIA-608
Muxing mode                              : SCTE 128 / DTVCC Transport
Muxing mode, more info                   : Muxed in Video #1
Duration                                 : 1h 2mn
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Stream size                              : 0.00 Byte (0%)

Text #2
ID                                       : 4268 (0x10AC)-1
Menu ID                                  : 1 (0x1)
Format                                   : EIA-708
Muxing mode                              : SCTE 128 / DTVCC Transport
Muxing mode, more info                   : Muxed in Video #1
Duration                                 : 1h 2mn
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Stream size                              : 0.00 Byte (0%)

Text #3
ID                                       : 4268 (0x10AC)-2
Menu ID                                  : 1 (0x1)
Format                                   : EIA-708
Muxing mode                              : SCTE 128 / DTVCC Transport
Muxing mode, more info                   : Muxed in Video #1
Duration                                 : 1h 2mn
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Stream size                              : 0.00 Byte (0%)

Any guesses as to why my frontend doesn't detect the captions?  I see the
"CC" icon on mythweb for the file.