[mythtv-users] remote display from frontend

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Oct 28 19:58:30 UTC 2015

On 10/28/2015 02:56 PM, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 2:36 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>> To check if it is already running. Bad things happen if more then one
>> is running.
> Sometimes there are issues with more than one running, but if I tell
> my system to run more than one, I want it to run more than one.  The
> idea that only one of any given process should be running on any given
> host is fundamentally broken and should not be coddled.

The idea is that only one process is running on any given
profile--because the profile specifies the settings, including those for
resources that can /not/ be shared by processes (such as network ports
and such).  So, if you want to run multiple mythfrontends on your
system, feel free--just make sure you have separate profiles configured
that specify different listener ports and such (and use one for each
process).

Mike