[mythtv-users] remote display from frontend

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Wed Oct 28 14:08:53 UTC 2015

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 8:38 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
> 99.9% uses it only fullscreen and only adjust to correct for overscan.
> So they WANT it remembered!

The database has a default size.  It's the size the window will be in
the absence of any command line overrides.  I have mine set to full
screen, and when I launch it it starts full screen unless I override
that.  I don't have a problem with remembering a default size in the
database, but if for some reason I want a non-default size at some
given moment, I really don't see the problem with using the override
or why MTD is jumping down my throat telling me that I'm doing it
wrong and that the right way to do it is to change the default size
and restart mythfrontend without any options.  If I run with a
non-default size, I don't want MythTV to remember that for the next
time.  I want it to run with the regular default size.  (Full screen
in my case, smaller in yours, whatever.)

> You are the exception.

I don't think so.  I see your description of what you want as being
essentially the same as mine.

Eric