[mythtv-users] remote display from frontend
Ross Boylan
rossboylan at stanfordalumni.org
Mon Oct 26 21:46:07 UTC 2015
I'm happy to report that having mythfrontend run and display inside the
VirtualBox VM works quite well. There was no second video card involved.
The only real problem has been sound. Sometimes when I skip forward the
sound turns into loud white noise. Sometimes further repositioning (esp
backwards) fixes it. Almost always pausing for a few seconds restores
regular audio. The sound is configured for PulseAudio in the VM;
PulseAudio is running on the host as well.
It would also be nice if I could dynamically resize the virtual screen; I
don't know if myth would be any happier with me resizing the window in a
real machine.
Ross
On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 10:51 AM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 4:26 PM, Ross Boylan
> <rossboylan at stanfordalumni.org> wrote:
> > I suppose if I were adventurous I could install X in the VM
> > and attempt to view the VM display "directly" via VirtualBox (the
> > virtualization software). I suspect that wouldn't work well.
>
> That'll work a lot better than X11 forwarding.
>
> Eric
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
> http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
> MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20151026/ea1fa4c7/attachment.html>
More information about the mythtv-users
mailing list