[mythtv-users] Copy frontend settings to new frontend keeping both

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 16:07:23 UTC 2015

Hoi Kirk,

> On 10/26/2015 8:22 AM, Myth TV wrote:
>> I know the right answer is to never modify the database directly, but
>> I have done this in the past:
>>
>> Connect to the DB and then:
>> INSERT INTO mythconverg.settings SELECT value,data,'<new frontend name>' FROM
>> mythconverg.settings WHERE hostname = '<existing frontend name>';
>>

> *I* didn't want to say this. But I've done this too. We will, however,
> be castigated by the devs for direct database manipulation.

Just be sure to make a backup before any serious manipulation.
And if it doesn't work you can always remove the above mentioned
insert again

DELETE FROM mythconverg.settings WHERE hostname =,'<new frontendname>

And always before any serious manipulation bring the backend end
frontends down.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven