[mythtv-users] mythbackend.log is buffered?

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Sun Oct 25 20:22:11 UTC 2015

[0.27.4, Fedora 22]

I've been tail-ing my /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log and after this morning's logrotate it's gone. No more file to tail. A new .bz2 from the rotation, but no new .log. Myth stuff is getting written to /var/log/messages, and the BE is running thusly:

32247 ?        Ssl  183:54 /usr/bin/mythbackend --logpath /var/log/mythtv

I've meant to write this message before, been delayed, gone to check back and seen it's there and blamed inattention.

I'm pretty sure it'll come back - it has every week apparently since there are a number of bz2 backups, but right now, where is it?

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca