[mythtv-users] DB tables corrupt, need advice on fixing

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 04:03:45 UTC 2015

Hoi Jerry,

Sunday, October 25, 2015, 4:11:08 AM, you wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 24, 2015 at 10:49 PM, Jerry Rubinow <jerrymr at gmail.com> wrote:

>> After a system crash, some tables in my mythconverg db have become
>> corrupt.  I've tried a few things so far to no avail.
>>
>> The tables reported as corrupt by mysqlrepair are:
>> - networkiconmap
>> - oldfind
>> - oldprogram
>> - oldrecorded
>> - people
>>
>> Running mysqlrepair and optimize_mythdb.pl do not help.  I'm able to
>> watch recorded content, but mythweb is not working and the Upcoming
>> Recordings page through the frontend is empty.
>>
>> Should I create a backup, take those corrupt tables from a good backup and
>> splice them in to the new backup, and then drop mythconverg and restore?
>> Or is there a better way to go?
>>
>> This is what mythweb says when I go there:
>>
>> Fatal Error
>>
>> !!NoTrans: SQL Error: Incorrect information in file:
>> './mythconverg/oldrecorded.frm' [#1033]!!
>>

>>     datetime:  2015-10-24 22:31:17 (EDT)
>>
>>     errornum:  256
>>
>>   error type:  User Error
>>
>> error string:  !!NoTrans: SQL Error: Incorrect information in file:
>> './mythconverg/oldrecorded.frm' [#1033]!!
>>
>>     filename:  /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/classes/Database/Query/mysql.php
>>
>>   error line:  79
>>

>> ==========================================================================
>> And then there's a long backtrace.
>>
>> -Jerry
>>

> Bah, looks like my only option is to clear the database completely and
> restore from a whole backup from two days ago, since mythconverg_backup
> won't run on my damaged db.

> -Jerry

If you have access to phpmyadmin you can rename the old database
before restoring then drop the damaged tables and copy the restored
tables in place. Then drop the restored database and rename the
original back. DON'T FORGET TO STOP MYTHBACKEND!!!!

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop