[mythtv-users] DB tables corrupt, need advice on fixing

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 02:49:27 UTC 2015

After a system crash, some tables in my mythconverg db have become
corrupt.  I've tried a few things so far to no avail.

The tables reported as corrupt by mysqlrepair are:
- networkiconmap
- oldfind
- oldprogram
- oldrecorded
- people

Running mysqlrepair and optimize_mythdb.pl do not help.  I'm able to watch
recorded content, but mythweb is not working and the Upcoming Recordings
page through the frontend is empty.

Should I create a backup, take those corrupt tables from a good backup and
splice them in to the new backup, and then drop mythconverg and restore?
Or is there a better way to go?

This is what mythweb says when I go there:

Fatal Error

!!NoTrans: SQL Error: Incorrect information in file:
'./mythconverg/oldrecorded.frm' [#1033]!!

    datetime:  2015-10-24 22:31:17 (EDT)

    errornum:  256

  error type:  User Error

error string:  !!NoTrans: SQL Error: Incorrect information in file:
'./mythconverg/oldrecorded.frm' [#1033]!!

    filename:  /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/classes/Database/Query/mysql.php

  error line:  79

And then there's a long backtrace.

-Jerry