[mythtv-users] Copy frontend settings to new frontend keeping both

Mike Rice mikerice1969 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 20:47:46 UTC 2015

Seems like this should be easy but I don't know how to do it.  I currently
have a frontend (hostname=nucfrontend) setup exactly how I want it.  I
bought another machine that I want to put upstairs.  It is almost exactly
the same so I just want to copy the settings from nucfrontend to the new
box (nuci3frontend).

I can do this:

mythconverg_restore.pl --change_hostname --old_hostname="XXXX"
--new_hostname="YYYY"

but it seems to remove the settings for old_hostname (tried it with a
really old hostname I had in there).  I need to keep both.

I tried the custom-identifier route but I couldn't get that to work.  I
need a different AudioOutputDevice on each.  Changing on one frontend
breaks the other.

Any ideas?