[mythtv-users] Trying To Get Two IR Receivers Working

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Fri Oct 23 14:56:41 UTC 2015

On 10/22/2015 8:56 PM, Jerry Rubinow wrote:

> Kirk, I checked the 4.2.4 and 4.3-rc6 kernel source and it does not
> have the fix.   I imagine this is because it may only be an issue with
> the combination of Liva's weird USB hardware and particular types of
> IR receivers, and it's not on the radar.  I looked through the link I
> sent you and it actually doesn't have the right fix (the one that
> worked for me).  Here it is simply.
>
> In drivers/usb/core/config.c, in the default case of the switch
> statement at line 219 (in 4.2.4 anyway), there is a line "n = 32;".
> Change it to "n = 10;".  Here's a link to the file:
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git/tree/drivers/usb/core/config.c?id=refs/tags/v4.2.4
>
> -Jerry

Thanks for doing this Jerry. If it's not under 4.2 and 4.3 it of course
won't be present in Fedora 22's kernel 4.1.That saves me a bunch of time
installing Fedora 23 Beta for no reason.

Now I need to learn how to patch and install a custom kernel in Fedora
22. It's been a *long* time since I've done that under any distro. I'm
sure I have all the tools since I had tried patching mceusb.ko to try to
get my Chinese IR receiver working. I assume there is a page somewhere
with instructions on compiling and installing under grub2, etc.

Kirk