[mythtv-users] .28 Backend Web Server Login and Password

Tom Harris thom.j.harris at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 03:44:26 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 12:04 PM, dennis <deg at outlook.com> wrote:

> On 06/03/2015 01:32 PM, Greg Thompson wrote:
>
>> Can someone tell me what the backend web server username and password is
>> in version .28?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Greg
>>

> Username: admin
> Password: mythtv

Can any of the 0.28 users comment on how the authentication is done?  Is it
a web server auth (HTTP 401)?  Or is it a web form that sets an auth cookie?

I ask because iOS devices are terrible with web server auth..  It works,
but it is not remembered.  So, every time you go to mythweb it asks again..
sometimes it will ask for login multiple times on a single session.  I’m
hoping the new server uses a cookie-based auth scheme so mobile access is
easier.