[mythtv-users] NFL recording rules fail only on Sunday night

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Mon Oct 19 16:27:22 UTC 2015

On Monday, October 19, 2015 09:20:18 AM Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 10/17/2015 03:40 PM, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:

> >> Oh Duh, sorry people. Dark screen colours and bright sunshine don't jive: the program is grabbed a couple lines above. Sorry.
> > Except... that's actually not the issue. Instead it's a hole in the 2 recording rules I derived from others' advice, and a 5-minute time shift that some channels have.
> >
> > Here are my two rules:
> >
> > Title: Football [early]
> > Additional Tables: , program pnext
> > Search Phrase:
> >
> >      program.category = 'Sports event' AND program.title LIKE '%FL%Football'
> >      AND pnext.title LIKE '%FL%Football' AND program.chanid = pnext.chanid
> >      AND program.endtime = pnext.starttime AND program.first > 0
> >
> > Title: Football [late]
> > Additional Tables: , program pnext
> > Search Phrase:
> >
> >      program.category = 'Sports event' AND program.title LIKE '%FL%Football'
> >      AND pnext.title NOT LIKE '%FL%Football' AND program.chanid = pnext.chanid
> >      AND program.endtime = pnext.starttime AND program.first > 0
> >
> > The Early rule will not add 30 extra minutes because the next program is another football game.
> >
> > The Late rule will add 30 minutes because the next program is NOT another football game.
> >
> > Here's the MythWeb search results:
> >
> >      http://www.imageno.com/wv6gzwcnybgrpic.html
> >
> > Notice the last 3 entries are the same title as the 3 before it, yet aren't marked. But, the last 3 showings are delayed 5 minutes, so the Later showing is chosen and the even-later showings are ignored, even by the Early rule. I did a Title Search in the frontend and the 3 showings unmarked in MythWeb are marked with '-'.
> >
> > Question is, why aren't these showings marked in any way? Not as "earlier showing chosen", or "ignored".
> >
> > For now I have to create a "Record only this showing" rule to choose the last in the list (because it's a reliable HD broadcast).
> >
> > Can anyone see why this would happen?
> >

> Where's your join?  Did you really only specify, ", program pnext" for
> your additional tables without telling the database how that table's
> data relates to program?  Without a proper join, you'd get strange
> results--meaning I'd expect it to not match a bunch of stuff (and I'm
> actually surprised it's matching some stuff "properly").

I just followed the advice of:

http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2015-September/381512.html

and extended it a little for {C,N}FL. And it's worked since I implemented it, except for the problem above that seems to have started when I added a new channel lineup for my new STB.

How should it be done? I use MythWeb for scheduling.

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca