[mythtv-users] MythTV does not play DVD's

Forum forum-da at padaba.de
Sat Oct 17 18:12:33 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to play DVD's, but MythTV does sometimes not play them, but
VLC Media Player is able to play them.

My configuration settings are:
/ Media / Videos / Player Options:
Standard Player: Internal
DVD Player: Internal
DVD-Drive: default
Alternative Player: <not checked>

When I try to play a DVD, MythTV says first "please wait", then screen
gehts dark for some seconds and then returns to DVD-menu, but does not
play DVD.

I've tried to enable "Alternative Player" and inserted `vlc file://%s
vlc://quit` in Alternative Player, as it is recommended in
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/VLC , but DVD is still unable to view.

Which configuration settings should be used to view DVD's? Again: VLC is
able to play them.

Regards,
DM